The current cemetery plot was laid out by the loyalists in 1783/1784 along with the rest of the town. Since the churches all had graveyards, Pine Grove would not be used for over 100 years. By the 1890s a decision was made to fence the area, clear and layout a number of lots. The original portion of the Cemetery is laid out in the shape of a fish. Over the years walkways and driveways were incorporated, trees planted, along with a few benches for seating.
Please look under the By-Laws and Policies section under the Town Council tab on the homepage of the website for a copy of the Pine Grove Cemetery By-Law.
Administration and Human Resource Officer
(902) 875-2991 ext. 4